A reminder that this is the last week of blogging. The week ends at 11:59 pm on R 12/5.
You should bring a shareable rough draft of your third Comparative Analysis to class on W 12/4.
I have a cold and plan on staying home M 10/21. This means our 4:00 meeting in NPE 113 is canceled. You can discuss Goodfellas here, here and here. I have a blog post set up for discussing the reading assigned for M here. And there's always the weekly Open Thread for topics.
This is the class weblog for GEOG 207 Geography & Film at Western Oregon University.
- Get more information about the course.
- Get more information about the blogging requirement.
- Learn more about the Department of Geography & Sustainability @ WOU.
- We do not meet as a class.
- Blogging continues through W 6/13 following the regular schedule (get details).
- The grading self-assessment is due at 6:00 pm on R 6/14 (get details)
- My office hours will change for finals week. Check my faculty homepage for specific days and times.
- The final deadline for work to count for normal letter grades in Spring 2018 is 5:00 pm on F 6/15. No extensions will be granted for after that day and time. Refer to individual assignments for details.
As we near the end of the term, I recommend that you login to Moodle and check the "Grades" section to make sure that you are on track for the grade you want or feel you can live with. Time is short to make up missing assignments and in line with my Extensions & Make-ups Policy, I may not agree to credit all missing work, but it would still be better to ask than not if that work is going to adversely affect your grade.
Following my Grading Policy, remember that your final grade will be based on your average completion rate of credited assignments. To get an accurate account of your progress, you will want to calculate that average yourself. The total percentage in Moodle is not an average, but is for all submitted work.
FYI, Typepad appears to be in a recurring maintenance cycle. Right now work appears to be intermittent. However, your access to the blog may be affected. Be patient, and feel free to contact me if lack of access becomes a barrier to completing your comments.
One reason why I provide the links to IMDB and Wikipedia for the films we are screening is so that you can have ready references for basic information about the films, like character and actor names. Please use these references when writing about the films. There's no reason to rely on memory or even notes when this information is easily accessible.
TypePad, the service that hosts this blog, will be down for maintenance starting at 8:00 pm PST tomorrow (M 4/9). You can check on the status of the site here: http://status.typepad.com or by checking on @typepad and #TypepadStatus on Twitter.